January 16, 2005

Gay Marriage vs. Gay Wedding

http://www.iSteve.com/05JanB.htm#gay.weddings

A reader writes:

Thank you Steve, I was beginning to think I was unique in my opposition to gay marriage on the grounds of it's imagery being a deterrent to young straight men taking the plunge. Marriage is, in many ways, problematic to young males, given their natural propensity to promiscuity, independence and slovenliness. Thus, wives make young males into better men. They raise nuclear families in a responsible manner. And society benefits.

When I make these arguments to my children (twenties, educated), they give me blank stares, having been trained in modern notions of sexuality. But, I have hope that maturity will eventually ensue. What a shame that children must unlearn a good deal of an increasingly expensive higher education.


Steve Sailer's homepage and blog is iSteve.com

No comments: